Jesus, today, tomorrow, forever

Conflict


Conflict -
sharing prayers of longing
for a Church too often divided

Read  Matthew 12:1-8
and Matthew 21:12-17
Jesus, the Pharisees
and the Temple

What do you make of these two stories?  What are they saying that can feed into our time of prayer for a church often torn apart by conflict

We pray for
the victims of natural disasters
- I hope, we won’t be home too late I want to go to the market
We pray for
those who hunger
- I can’t think what to give them for pudding
We pray for those who have no home
- should it be blue and yellow ... or yellow and green?

We pray for those who have not heard your message.

We need to
meet to discuss the appeal
- But I need you
to come and talk to me.

We need to
keep the vandals out
- But where can I
find a quiet place?
We need to
increase our congregation
- But who will ask me in?
           
We pray for those who have not heard your message.

We pray for
Churches to work together
- Together?  Nominally!
We rejoice
in the diversity of our worship
- but we cling
to our own tradition
We give thanks
that we are all God’s children
- I’ll meet you outside and make sure we sit together

We pray for those who have not heard your message.

Lord, come live in my heart
Jesus, forever the same.


Read the Prayer of Jesus
in John 17:20-26

Make Ephesians 3:14-21
into a prayer of your own